Build Your Career at Fairwinds!
Current Job Openings:
Full-Time Prevention Coordinator (40 hours a week w/ benefits):
This position is an ‘at will’, exempt full-time grant contracted position for 40 hours within a week and year-round. Health and dental insurance, paid sick, holiday and vacation time included. Start date for position is July 16, 2018. End date would be based upon the renewal of funding for the up-coming year. This position reports to the Executive Director at Fairwinds-Nantucket’s Counseling Center.
- All communications related to suicide prevention with on-island referral sources for clinical treatment
- Research regional, state and national movements on suicide intervention protocols
- Monthly (minimum) on-island community forums and trainings including: Question, Persuade, Refer Training (QPR), Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST), SafeTalk Training, Overdose Education and Narcan Training as well as psycho-educational community based discussions around self-harm and suicidal ideation
- Complete monthly data reports required by the Department of Public Health (SDR’s)
- Join as a member and attend community task force meetings
- Assist with the implementation of the Signs of Suicide (SOS) Screening for on island schools
- Becomes familiar with agency informational platform Managehub and create and upload material, information, and/or resources pertaining to prevention and education
- Assist with Nantucket community outreach that includes:
Public and private schools
Health & Human Service not-for-profits on-island
Nantucket Cottage Hospital
- Acts as an agency representative for reoccurring meetings that includes scheduling, facilitating and documenting minutes for the following:
Behavioral Health Provider Coalition Meeting | monthly
Behavioral Health Task Force (BHTF) | weekly
Healthy Community Collaborative (HCC) | monthly
Cape & Islands Suicide Prevention Coalition (CISPC) | monthly
MBHP Behavioral and Medical Health Integrated Cape Cod Cluster Meeting | quarterly
Post-Traumatic Stress Management Team Meeting (PTSM) | monthly
Opioid Task Force | monthly
Student Social Support Team (SSST) | quarterly
Harm Reduction Meeting | monthly
Bureau of Substance Abuse Services (BSAS) Provider Meeting | quarterly
Children’s Health Initiative Program (CHIP) | monthly
Direct Liaison for the Following:
- Post-Traumatic Stress Management Task Force (PTSM)
- Cape & Island’s Suicide Prevention Coalition (CISPC)
- Nantucket representative for DPH Suicide Prevention
- Master’s Degree preferred; Bachelor’s degree required in a Human Services field from an accredited university
- Experience in prevention and/or in providing community trainings is preferred
- Experience with Microsoft, excel, power point, and expresses a willingness to learn Fairwinds electronic records (Advanced MD) and informational platform Managehub
- Hourly rate is dependent on education and experience
- Qualified candidate must be a team player and have good communication and organizational skills
Licensed/Board Certified Psychiatrist or Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner:
Fairwinds – Nantucket’s Counseling Center seeks board-certified psychiatrist or psychiatric nurse practitioner for part-time work in an outpatient mental health clinic. Hours would ideally be 16 hours a week. The ideal candidate will be responsible for providing clinical services to children, young adults, adults and geriatrics. Services include psychiatric evaluations, diagnosis, the prescription of psychotropic medication, follow-up appointments, collaborating with collateral providers (therapists, primary care, specialty care etc.) and making referrals to appropriate community resources. The ideal candidate for this position would be someone who is comfortable working with serious mental illness, enjoys a fast-faced dynamic work environment, working as part of a team and someone interested in living year round or commuting to an island located 30 miles off the coast of Massachusetts. Our agency offers competitive salary and benefits, a psychiatric case manager to help coordinate care for patients and invitations to attend a robust schedule of CEU training opportunities provided by the agency.
- Board certified.
- Familiarity with or willingness to learn electronic medical record keeping.
- Comfort working with serious and persistent mental illness.
- Comfort working with individuals with significant substance use histories.
- Certified to prescribe medication-assisted treatment options for addiction such as a buprenorphine or naltrexone injections.
- Fluency in another language, especially Spanish or Portuguese, or comfortable working with a translator.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
For consideration, please submit a cover letter, resume and contact information for professional references.
Statement of non-discrimination:
Fairwinds does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, gender identity, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations including hiring.