Build Your Career at Fairwinds
Come join our incredible team of dedicated and compassionate professionals.
Fairwinds – Nantucket’s Counseling Center currently has the following available employment opportunities:
Full Charge Bookkeeper
Fairwinds — Nantucket’s Counseling Center has an immediate opening for a 20 hr/week, year-round full charge bookkeeping position. The applicant must have a college diploma, and work very well within a team. We are looking for a professional who is a self-starter, motivated, detail-oriented, has the ability to multi-task with strong verbal and written communication skills, and able to prioritize assignments. Position will be cross-trained and has upward mobility within a growing practice. Familiarity with QuickBooks required.
We are unable to accept applications from adults currently in treatment, or parents of youth in treatment.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Breakfast Buddies Monitor
Breakfast Buddies is a free program offered at the Nantucket Elementary School for families in need of supervision for their children prior to the start of the school day. It is available to all Nantucket Elementary School and Nantucket Intermediate School students (Kindergarten-5th Grade) and runs Monday-Friday from 7:00-7:45AM on days in which school is in session.
Nantucket High School Volunteers serve as mentors and friends to their younger buddies. Free breakfast is available to all enrolled children, regardless of financial status. In the 2016/2017 school year, 187 children were signed up for Breakfast Buddies with an average of 70 children attending each morning. This program solely takes place in the Nantucket Elementary School Cafeteria and once a student arrives, they may not leave again until released to their classroom at 7:45 AM.
Breakfast Buddies is one of four key programs offered by Mentoring Youth Nantucket (a subsidiary of Fairwinds-Nantucket’s Counseling Center) which also include: Homework Club (afterschool tutoring for 3rd-5th graders); Academic Mentoring for 6th graders; and Traditional 1-to-1 Mentoring which pairs adult volunteers with children aged 7-12, following the “Big Brothers Big Sisters” model.
What do we need from a Breakfast Buddies Monitor?
- The Monitor is at least 18 years old and has completed their High School Education
- The Monitor will join a team of at least three other adults, one of whom is also employed by Fairwinds, and two of whom are employed solely by the school district. MYN’s Program Director will also frequently be on site to assist and supervise the Monitors and volunteers.
- The Monitor’s primary responsibility is the order and safety of the students attending Breakfast Buddies on a given day
- They will: help keep records of attendance for students, NHS volunteers, and breakfast
- Facilitate interaction among the NHS volunteers and the NES students
- Facilitate interaction among the children in the program.
- While the High School volunteers are doing the majority of the playing and talking with the younger students, the adults are completing check-in, and floating around the room making sure that everyone is safe. The adult monitors are expected to handle behavioral issues and conflict amongst the students.
- Report all issues, conflicts, and concerns promptly to the Program Director
- Time Commitment: Monday through Friday on days school is in session (a specific calendar will be distributed to candidates) beginning September 11, 2018-June 19, 2019 from 6:50 AM-8:00 AM.
- The successful candidate is caring, committed, and passionate about working with children.
- The candidate may not currently be receiving services from Fairwinds-Nantucket’s Counseling Center, nor may their children.
- The candidate must be able to pass CORI and SORI background checks
To apply please contact MY Nantucket Program Director, Hannah Montgomery by August 5, 2017.
Call the Fairwinds Offices: (508) 228-2689 or email: HMontgomery@fairwindscenter.org